Frequently asked questions new
I can't tell the colors from the image on your website?
In case you are unsure of the colors, we are happy to send you an extensive color chart with stone samples for a symbolic price of $30.
What if I want to feel the texture of the mosaic piece I want to purchase?
In case you want to get a feel of the mosaic before purchasing it, you can ask for an 8 by 8 inch sample of your order for $60 in order to physically see the premium stone quality, thickness, texture, and colors. Buy a sample now!
Do you offer installation service?
No we do not. We devote all our efforts into designing and creating the best mosaic pieces in the market.
What are your accepted payment methods?
We accept all major credit cards, PayPal and over-the-phone credit card information transferal. When logging in or checking out on the websites, all sensitive data is transmitted over HTTPS. This means a secure SSL connection has been established, and that all data transmitted through this connection will be encrypted and provide maximum payment security.
How do you consider your quality compared to what is available in the market?
We are considered the best in what we do. We hold the best local and international artists who use premium material (stone and glass) to handcraft your mosaics.
How do you consider the prices of your products compared to the pricing of the market?
While holding premium quality, our mosaics are at highly competitive prices. We outsource all our raw material in big bulks, which allows us to price our mosaics at competitive rates.
Do you customize your mosaics?
We can turn any photo provided into a vibrant mosaic. Send us any photo/design with the desired dimensions to email@example.com and you will receive a free non-obligatory quote within 24 hours.
Also, we are able to customize any of our existing designs in regards to color and size.
Can I change my mosaic's design after it's done by the artist?
Since we already approved your design upon order confirmation, if you want to change the mosaic after it is ready, it will cost an extra charge of $50. This applies to all mosaics on our website including custom orders.
How to assemble a mosaic by yourself using "Kit-It-Up"?
Mosaic Kit Basics
1. How to cut the mosaic tiles with nippers?
• The provided tiles are hand-cut into sticks. To make it easier for you, you can define the shape you want to cut with a pencil according to the pattern provided on the picture.
2. Are there any safety precautions that should be taken?
• Nothing risky is associated with creating your own mosaic. Just watch your hands when you are cutting the marble sticks into tessera.
3. Should the stones be cut to a uniform thickness?
• The thickness of the tile is already predetermined by the thickness of the sticks. All are hand-cut equally and sent in the kit.
4. How to attach the stones to mesh?
• The mosaic stones need to be glued to the mesh using any mosaic glue in the market. Any type of contact glue to fix the mosaic stones to the mesh works.
5. When to glue the stones to the mesh? As they are being cut or after there are many tiles cut and arranged?
• Our advice is to cut them piece by piece in order to perfect the artwork when following the design, and to make it easier to place each mosaic stone in its place.
6. How much glue is needed?
• For such a small sized mosaic, one will need no more than 300 ml of glue. Once again, any brand of contact glue works perfectly.
7. How is the glue applied?
• Glue can be added using a brush for cleaner application, however it's also a good technique to apply a pea sized amount from a glue dropper.
8. The mesh is much larger than the print. Is the mosaic made to the size of the mesh or the size of the print?
• The mesh and PVC need to have the same size as the design.
9. Should the mosaic be positioned on the edge of the mesh or in the middle?
• If one doesn't want to cut the mesh, place it in the middle.
10. What to do with the mosaic after it's done?
• It can be mounted or fixed as a wall mural or on the floor (requires grouting and a sealer) or it can be framed and hung like a painting. Please note that the kit is shipped with step by step instructions.
Are all of your Mosaics handmade?
Mozaico prides itself in creating fully handmade mosaics from natural marble and semi-precious stones, based on the same techniques used by the Greeks, Romans and Byzantines.
How thick are the mosaic pieces and do they come with mesh backing?
8 mm (3/8 inches) including mesh backing.
Can we install our mosaic outdoors or in swimming pools?
Mosaic art is the only form of art that can be placed in or around wet environments like bathrooms or swimming pools while maintaining it’s vibrant colors and quality.
Is your mosaic frost resistant?
Our mosaics can withstand all weather conditions, including severe heat as well as temperatures below zero degrees, and are chemical resistant, should you wish to install them in swimming pools.
Is installing Mosaic difficult?
Mosaics are very easy and fun to install. An installation manual is sent out free of charge and you could visit our Youtube channel for detailed installation videos.
Do I need to grout my mosaic?
Grout is not necessary for interior walls but is a must for floor and exterior wall installations. Also, grout is mandatory for mosaic installations on walls that are exposed to water or liquids of any sort, such as bathroom or kitchen walls.
What is the difference between Regular grout and epoxy grout?
Regular or traditional grout is made from a cement based mix. On its own, it's not waterproof, it stains easily and absorbs water when heavily subjected to it. Which is why after applying it to mosaics, it is recommended that you finish with a marble sealer to protect the grout from the elements mentioned and the tiles as well, and perhaps a color enhancer to make the colors of the mosaic pop (optional). However, epoxy grout is made from epoxy resins combined with a filler powder. That results in a waterproof grout that's almost completely resistant to stains. With epoxy, you will not need to apply a marble sealer to protect the grout and tiles. Also, there's no need for a color enhancer or varnish, as the epoxy will leave a shiny coat all over your mosaic which will make the colors pop.We always recommend unsanded charcoal grey grout whether you go for epoxy or regular grout.
What is the finish of your mosaics?
There are two types of finishes that we use on our mosaics: A normal finish where the stones of the mosaic are kept as they come in nature or a polished finish where the mosaic stones are smoothed resulting in a vibrant and glossy look.
Are your mosaics slippery?
Our mosaics are not slippery; they can be installed inside shower cubicles, pools, or any water-exposed surface.
Where can I place my mosaic?
You can place your mosaic anywhere you see fit. Some of the more popular placements are:
- Table tops
- Floor inlay
- Ceiling inlays and domes
- Kitchen and bathroom backsplashes
- Mirror frames
- Outdoor decoration
Do you sell loose mosaic stones?
We offer a variety of hand-cut marble and quartz mosaic stones that you can purchase by weight not quantity. They will be ready to be assorted and transformed into a beautiful mosaic artwork for your indoor or outdoors decorative art projects.
I am a dealer/distributor; do I get any special deals, promotions, or discounts?
Yes, click here to fill an application form in order to benefit from all the perks associated with becoming a dealer.
How can I know about latest products and offerings?
Receive news regarding our newest collections, promotions, and discount codes by subscribing to our newsletter!
What is the available return policy?
You have 30 calendar days to return your mosaic from the date you receive your order.
To be eligible for a return, your mosaic must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. You will be reimbursed 75% of the value of your mosaic excluding custom order.
What is the available warranty policy?
We guarantee exclusive lifetime warranty on all mosaics.
What does "Made to Order" refer to?
Out of our 6000+ mosaic art designs, only the items that are on clearance are available in stock. Other items are made upon request. In other words, if you like a certain mosaic artwork, you order it, our artists passionately create it, and it is ready to be shipped and reside in its new home.
How do you ship your Mosaics?
Our mosaics come as one piece on a mesh backing. They are rolled, wrapped, and shipped from within our workshop via DHL Express. We provide our customers with a tracking number and free worldwide shipping service on all orders.
What if my mosaic was received broken?
We have less than 0.1% damage rate and every mosaic shipped is fully insured; our customer will be completely reimbursed in case of damage or loss.
How long does my shipment usually take?
With the fastest lead-time in the industry, we will deliver your mosaic within 4 to 8 weeks. Anxious to receive your mosaic? No problem, we've got you covered! Get your mosaic delivered in 1 to 3 weeks with our Rush Order option for an extra cost.
If I live outside the United States, Am I responsible to pay import duties?
Yes, you are responsible to pay import duties that are not included in the shipping cost.
Where are your sales offices Located?
Chicago, Illinois, USA ; Sydney, Australia
How can we contact you by telephone?
Please call us on 630.300.3942 (USA) or 618.7228.0372 (Australia)
Where is your Mosaic workshop Located?